No Lockdown – Yes Freedom: March 20
The Facebook event page for the event is here; please RSVP and share widely so we can show huge support for this event: https://www.facebook.com/events/715034685861279
Please post, re-post, like, forward and distribute far and wide. Tell everyone and tell them again.
For the one-year anniversary of the “two weeks to flatten the curve” lockdown, on Saturday March 20, there will be a statewide rally to bring attention to the plight of New Mexico. The Governor’s Lockdown policies are killing our state. New Mexicans are suffering from:
- Higher COVID-19 death rates than states with far fewer restrictions, such as Texas, Idaho, Utah, and Florida
- Rampant depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues
- Increased rates of suicide, especially among children
- Hundreds of business failures, leading to long-term loss of livelihood for thousands
- High rates of unemployment, which are linked to increased domestic violence, substance abuse, and suicide
- Increased food insecurity
- Widespread, Government-encouraged discrimination against people who cannot wear masks
- Online school, which is failing children at double the usual rate
- A year of no family gatherings, celebrations, weddings, or funerals
On March 20, we New Mexicans will gather peaceably to show statewide support for choosing freedom over fear. We will be garnering media attention, newspaper and radio coverage for this event, aiming to get National attention which will be likely to make the NM Government pay attention.
This event will be happening in cities all over the state, with as much media attention as possible so it will potentially make National news. This will bring the plight of New Mexicans to the forefront, damage the Governor’s reputation, and hopefully produce some change.
Media coverage so far:
Protest will be from 10am-1pm
Here is info for rallies around the state. We need more cities to participate, so please contact me (Sarah Smith) at email@example.com to get involved.
- Albuquerque (also representing Edgewood)
- Rally at intersection of Wyoming and Academy in front of Albuquerque Academy
- Contact Karen Larre at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Las Cruces
- Rally at park in front of Thomas Branigan library, at intersection of Main and Picacho
- Contact Sarah Smith at email@example.com
- Roswell (representing Artesia, Carlsbad, Ruidoso, Cloudcroft, Capitan, and more)
- Santa Fe
- Rally at Railyard water tower, 9:00 am, march to Santa Fe Plaza, 10:00 am
- Contact David Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rio Rancho
- Rally at intersection of 528 and Southern
- Contact Susana Vasquez at email@example.com
- Rally at intersection of 344 and Route 66 – Contact Ira at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Portales (also representing Clovis)
- Community Day/Youth Sports Day
- Silver City
- Rally at intersection of Swan and 180
- Contact John Foldan at email@example.com
- Details TBD
- Contact Vince James at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Protest Organizer: Call community into action; notify local newspapers and news outlets
- Protesters: Walk together, or with arms linked, holding signs/banners; drive vehicles in Freedom Train; take photos and videos of event
- Drive-by Supporters: Honk and drive to show support
- Law Enforcement liaison (contact local dep’t prior, then on the day seek out and maintain communication with)
- Counter-protestor/agitator lookouts (to then communicate with liaison or directly with law enforcement)
- Welcomer, who welcomes people to the event and collects their contact info: This allows you to build your contact list for your local community. Download an email form template here.
- Photographer, who documents your event: Photos and videos are one of the most important parts of ensuring that this event will be able to garner maximum press attention.
- Protest signs and/or banners (we are working up a plan and cost info for banners that can be used)
- Optional: Flyers to hand out (we will provide these for you to print out)
- Optional: Microphone system for speeches and announcements
Suggested Protest Sign Text
This protest will be most effective if people do NOT bring political signs or make this into a political protest.
If your protest will include the use of banners, we suggest at least 4 pairs of banners as follows:
- No – Lockdown
- No – Mask Mandates
- No– Vaccine Mandates
- No– Medical Discrimination
- Yes – Freedom
- Yes – Personal Responsibility
- Yes– Bodily Integrity
- Yes – ALL Constitutional Rights
Additional Yes/No messages to use:
- No – Mask Mandates
- No – Fear
- No – Dividing People
- No – Making Businesses Police their Customers
- No —Destroying Businesses
- No – Using Propaganda to Spread Fear
- No – Discrediting Treatments that Work!
- No – Censorship
- Yes – Gathering
- Yes – Prevention & Treatment that Works!
- Yes – Hugs
- Yes – Friends
- Yes – Medical Freedom
- Yes – Connection
- Yes – Open Schools
- Yes – Open Businesses
- Yes – Mask Choice
- Yes – Singing in Church
Other messages to use:
- Business, Community and Life are NOT Selfish!
- States with No Lockdown Have Better Curves!
- Honk for Freedom
- Join Us!
- MLG – We Demand Freedom
- It’s Not Working – End NM Lockdown
- My Body, My Choice – NO Mandatory Vaccination
- The Long Winter is Over – We Choose Freedom
- Lockdown is a Privileged Choice. It Hurts the Poor the Most.
- The Science is Clear – Asymptomatic Transmission is RARE
- All Businesses are Essential
- NM’s COVID-19 Death Rates are Higher Than Texas and Florida